Injured at Work?

If you have a work-related injury you may qualifty to have treatment under Worksafe Victoria. You will need to speak to your employer and organise to submit a claim to WorkSafe. Your employer and WorkSafe will be able to give you all the information you need to know to report your workplace incident.

Your doctor may recommend you need to begin treatment for medical services such as Physiotherapy before your claim has been approved. However, until you have a letter approving your claim, and the employer Medical Excess  is reached; responsibility for payment of any medical and like services rests with yourself. A claim number alone does not mean your claim is approved.

We cannot charge your employer’s insurance provider until all paperwork has been received in writing, approving the responsibility of payment to the insurance provider.

It is recommended that you do not use your private heath insurance as you will not be reimbursed for the amount claimed on any health fund. Instead we recommend that you retain your receipts which can be submitted for reimbursement from your employer or the insurance provider (once the claim is approved). In additon, payments for treatment must be paid on the day of service.

Please contact WorkSafe Victoria  for further queries www.worksafe.vic.gov.au